Mounting gas springs: what should you keep in mind?
Protempo delivers a wide range of gas springs from HAHN Gasfedern. Below please find a summary installation instruction that applies to our gas springs. Please feel free to contact our product specialists if you have any questions.
- Gas compression springs: Preferably install the piston rod in a downward orientation.
Gas tension springs: Preferably install the piston rod in an upward orientation.
- Make sure there is some tolerance in the connection points - avoid radial load on the piston rod.
- Minor damage to or coating remains on the piston rod may lead to a defective gas spring.
- If possible, mount the gas spring after the construction is completed and coated.
- Do not open the gas springs - high pressure!