What lighting is right for trailers?
News - 02/27/2021
During the winter months, it is a good idea to check your trailer lighting more regularly. The average trailer will generally have 6 to 8 lamps and 6 retroreflectors. It is no surprise that this lighting is subject to strict rules.
What lighting does your trailer need?
These rules were established at a Europe-wide level.
• two indicator lights at the rear of the vehicle;
• two rear lights;
• two brake lights;
• license plate light;
• one rear fog lamp;
• one reverse light (if the trailer was commissioned after 31-12-2012)
• two sidelights if the trailer is wider than 1.60 m
• two marker lights at the front and two at the rear of the vehicle if the vehicle is wider than 2.10 m
• side marker lights if the vehicle is longer than 6.00 m.
• two red retroreflectors at the rear of the vehicle.
• two white retroreflectors at the front of the vehicle;
• orange retroreflectors on each side of the vehicle. The rearmost reflector on the side can be red;
Would you like to check the rules that apply in your country?
Taken together, this is quite a list of required lights and reflectors. Protempo offers an extensive assortment of ECE-approved lighting and marking plates. That way, you can face inspections with peace of mind and you and your customers can drive safely.